Three projects based on technologies developed at the Center for Biophotonics Science and Technology (CBST) have been identified as excellent candidates for commercialization:
- OMX - fast, super-resolution optical microscopy to enable the visualization of dynamic processes within living cells.
- Label-free Raman and surface enhanced Raman (SERS) cytometry which would allow not only identification and classification of living cells, but also enable the determination of their functional state.
- Ultra-short Pulse (USP) laser for microsurgical applications.
Additionally, there are several emerging technologies that will be pursued vigorously as the Ecosystem evolves. These include:
- Automated blood analysis.
- Rapid tissue 3D digital imaging.
- Clinical fluorescence lifetime imaging system.
- UV-based endoscopic microscope.
- Improved PSA assay.
- Instruments for detecting traumatic brain injury.